1. a. A place or position where a person or thing stands or is assigned to stand; a post: a sentry station.
b. An area where a person is assigned to work.
2. The place, building, or establishment from which a service is provided or operations are directed: a police
3. A stopping place along a route, especially a stop for refueling or for taking on passengers; a depot.
4. Social position; rank: "He was degraded in their eyes; he had lost caste and station before the very paupers" (Charles Dickens).
5. An establishment equipped for observation and study: a radar station.
The Old Grain Mill, still grists grain for the public. A great place to stop
and visit while passing through Floyd, VA.