Saturday, January 22, 2011

Day 22 - DISTRESS

distress - noun
psychological suffering; "the death of his wife caused him great distress"
hurt, suffering, painfulness, pain - emotional distress; a fundamental feeling that people try to avoid; "the pain of loneliness"
anguish, torture, torment - extreme mental distress
self-torment, self-torture - self-imposed distresstsoris - (Yiddish) trouble and suffering
wound - a figurative injury (to your feelings or pride); "he feared that mentioning it might reopen the wound"; "deep in her breast lives the silent wound";
"The right reader of a good poem can tell the moment it strikes him that he has taken an immortal wound--that he will never get over it"--Robert Frost

Hatchlings - a FB challenge that requires finding, hatching, feeding, nurturing, and collecting the thousands available. My sister now has 80% collected. To me, this is seriously self-imposed distress. Because, if you don't do it for every egg you 'collect,' they disappear!

[NOTE: I have changed my URL in my switchover to one main Blogger account. If you're following me, you may have to change your link -- and, why aren't you following me?!?!?! 8-(  Here's the new link: http://365dwpchallenge.blogspot.com/ ]




365 Words through 

Photos

1 comment:

  1. I'm not familiar with Hatchlings, but I can understand how they could cause you distress!

    Dianna
    www.thesedaysofmine.com

    ReplyDelete